Enrolments are now being taken for Prep students for 2017.
Enrolment forms need to be completed and returned to the school by June 24th 2016 along with a copy of the child's birth certificate & immunisation certificate.
If you would like to book a time to tour the school please phone the office on 5443 3537.
Enrolment at Quarry Hill Primary School
Following discussion between the DET North-Western Region Victoria Regional Director, school council and school principal a decision has determined that Quarry Hill Primary School should restrict its enrolments to the limits imposed by accommodation constraints. Accordingly DET guidelines have determined that the school should service a defined area, called the ‘school neighborhood zone.’ This ‘school neighborhood zone’ has been devised taking into consideration the location of other local Primary Schools. A map of the school zone is below.
1. To provide each child residing in the ‘school neighborhood zone’ or with a sibling currently at the school with a right to a place at this school.
2. To provide clear and precise enrolment guidelines for parents wishing to enroll their children at Quarry Hill Primary School.
The following guidelines now apply for schools with enrolment ceilings:
“Where there is insufficient accommodation at a school for all students who seek entry, students are enrolled in the following priority order:
• Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood government school.
• Students with a sibling at the same permanent residence who are attending the school at the same time.
• Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds, where it is not provided by the student’s nearest government school. (For example this criterion applies to senior secondary programs including VCE, VET and VCAL, language continuity, SEAL programs, and Select Entry Schools).
• All of the students in order of closeness of their permanent residence to the school.
• In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds.”
Note that compassionate grounds sits as an extra and separate criteria, not part of the priority order.
The Enrolment Policy will be managed by the Principal.