Grade 3-4 Wellbeing Program
Year 3-4 Bounce Back!
In the middle years, Quarry Hill Primary School teaches the Bounce Back! program, a wellbeing and resilience class-based program for children and young people. Students in Years 3 and 4 participate in regular lessons. The following units are covered throughout the school year.
- Core values: developing positive and pro-social values
- Elasticity: introducing ‘resilience’ through maths and science activities
- People Bouncing Back: developing strategies for coping and bouncing back
- Courage: finding courage in both everyday life and difficult circumstances
- Looking on the bright side: teaching optimistic thinking
- Emotions: amplifying positive emotions and managing negative emotions
- Relationships: skills for building and maintaining friendships
- Humour as a coping skill
- No bullying: skills for countering bullying
- Success (STAR, CHAMP, WINNERS): skills and attitudes for being successful