At Quarry Hill Primary School we envisage that devices may be used in the following ways:
- Research topics and information needed to support learning in the classroom.
- Reading online from a variety of different platforms.
- Learning effective typing skills by using typing tutors.
- Developing collaboration and teamwork skills using a variety of applications in the Google Suite.
- Developing critical thinking skills through accessing multiple sources of information.
- Learning how to be a positive digital citizen and developing eSmart skills and strategies.
- Exploring, sharing and developing a range of multimedia skills including; animations, mind mapping, digital video and image creation, drawing and painting, 3D modelling and game-making, presentation and multimedia tools and sound and music making.
- Exploring programing and coding skills through a variety of tools.
- Online interactive activities to supplement Literacy and Mathematics programs.
- Completing assessment tasks and NAPLAN online.
- Supporting additional digital devices and resources to enhance the Digital Technologies Curriculum.
Google Education Suite
At Quarry Hill Primary School students in Grade 3-6 will be provided with a Google Apps For Education account. This will enable students to have access to the Google Apps provided through our eduSTAR System.
In Grade 3/4 students will learn about working in a digital space, effective file management and begin to explore ways to work collaboratively online with their peers.
In Grade 5/6 students use Google Classroom as a basis for their digital learning. Google classroom is a free web-based platform that integrates the Google Apps for Education account with all of the Google Apps services provided. Google Classroom saves time and paper, and makes it easy to create classes, distribute assignments, communicate, and stay organised. Teachers can quickly see who has or hasn't completed the work, and provide direct, real-time feedback to students.